Thank you for thinking of the troops!
This is the way you can communicate your support and thanks to the troops. It is not possible to write directly to or be a direct pen pal with a deployed soldier. You send them to SOT, we send them forward.
It’s time to have fun. Here are some writing tips:
- Be positive. They are meant to uplift and encourage.
- Be thankful. Be sure to communicate your appreciation for the soldiers’ sacrifices and dedication to us and our country.
- Be respectful. These women and men have earned it more than most of us!
- Be kind. Remember most of us have never and will probably never have to endure the difficulties that these soldiers have experienced.
- Be encouraging.
- DO NOT include your email or mailing address
- DO NOT use your last name
- If it is a classroom or workplace or group project, you can include a group photo.
- Leave them unsealed for inspection or they won’t go
We will send them to deployed soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen.
If they’re there, we’re with them!®