The latest news on what your organization is doing for the troops!
* For every Goodyear tire listed below which is sold at participating U.S. Retailers between July 1 and August 31, 2012 and reported through Point of Sale data to Goodyear, Goodyear will donate $1, up to a maximum of $250,000 to Support Our Troops®.
The following select Goodyear tire purchases count toward Goodyear's donation to Support Our Troops®:
- Assurance® ComforTred® Touring
- Assurance® TripleTredâ"¢ All-Season
- Assurance® CS TripleTredâ"¢ All-Season
- Eagle® F1 All Season
- Eagle® F1 Asymmetric All-Season
- Eagle® F1 Asymmetric 2â"¢
- Eagle F1â"¢ Family
- Eagle® ROF/EMT
- Wrangler MT/R® with Kevlar®
- Wrangler® SilentArmor®
- Wrangler DuraTrac®
- Assurance® Fuel Max®
- Assurance® CS Fuel Max®
- Eagle GT®
- Wrangler SR-A®
The full details are on the Goodyear.com website, and the offer is valid only between July 1 and August 31, 2012.
Support Our Troops® is a 501(c)(3) organization located at P.O. Box 70, Daytona Beach, FL 32115, phone (386) 767-8882, that provides assistance to active duty troops and their families. Support Our Troops® is a registered trademark licensed through SupportOurTroops.org. See Store Associate for complete details.
AKRON, Ohio, July 5, 2012 As a further reflection of its decades of military support, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, exclusive tire supplier of NASCAR's three major national series and NHRA Racing's Top Fuel and Funny Car classes, is honoring and supporting U.S. Armed Forces with the launch of the "Goodyear Gives Back" campaign, a fund-raising effort designed to generate support for the U.S. Armed Forces and their families who make sacrifices to protect Americans' freedom.
What do the troops say about it?
- Afghanistan, 2012- We just received a new unit in our area and I was able to share the treats and toiletries in the care packages with them. I just ran a marathon this past weekend over here in the Biofreeze in the packages was highly appreciated. Again thank you so much for thinking of us! ~~ US soldier (thank-you received via Operation Care Package)
- Afghanistan, 2012- My name is Aaron and I am a Staff Sergeant in the Marine Reserves. I am currently deployed with a small team tasked out with training the Afghan police. My team has been receiving packages from you guys since we got here. What means more to me than any physical item that any person could send is the kindness of complete strangers willing to spend their time any money to help support us out here. You guys back there are my heroes and I hope that one day when our paths cross I could return the favor. My team and I are extremely grateful for every package and every item you send. It's like Christmas every time we convoy to get our mail. From the bottom of my heart, thank you all. ~~ SSgt Aaron (thank-you received via Texas Chapter - USTSF)
These are professional military samples of Biofreeze Maximum Strength Pain Relieving Wipes. Performance Health reports that Biofreeze is alternate pain management, that doctors, therapists and patients are shifting toward topical analgesics like Biofreeze and away from systemic pain relievers because don't affect the gastrointestinal tract, heart, kidneys and other organs. Performance Health points out that Biofreeze is ideal for military use: portable; lightweight; fast-acting maximum strength. So we sent another $620,000 worth over to the troops!
Learn more at Biofreeze.com.
Who did this good deed?
"On behalf of the troops, we thank and commend the great American company Performance Health in Akron, Ohio for their magnanimous patriotic contribution. This gift to the troops comes thanks to the good values of Performance Health and has done a great deal of good for the well-being of front line troops," said Martin C. Boire, Chairman of SupportOurTroops.Org.
Why did Performance Health do it?
Kurt Schlote, himself a Veteran, is Western Region Manager of Performance Health and played a major role in engineering this wonderful gift. "We are fortunate to have SupportOurTroops.Org through which community-minded businesses such as ours can make a big difference in the day-to-day lives of America's service members. I know they'll get it to the deployed troops who need it most. I personally hope any other veteran who is in a position to donate material or money to SupportOurTroops.Org will do so."
May 3, 2012 - Thank you so much for all that you do for us. The care packages that are received, are very much appreciated. Everyone on the FOB (Forward Operation Base) has benefited from SupportOurTroops.Org. The packages are given to Soldiers that don't receive packages from home. Then that soldier may put items in our "free PX" (post exchange) to share with others. We don't have a PX on our COP (combat out post), so we have a soldier run "free PX" (items are put in and soldiers get what they need). So your act of kindness reaches more than the soldier that the package is address to. Thank you for your time and effort that is invested in this program, from the 133 Military Police Company, Matun Hill, Afghanistan. ~~ SSG Lora